Our Privacy Policies
What information do you collect about me?
We collect information from you when you register to use PLconnect, when you fill in forms on our site. This includes the following:
- Your PLconnect profile: Your "PLconnect user name/name" will be publicised on our site and this will be the identity by which you are known on the PLconnect site. New members to PLconnect who haven't been verified won’t be able to see information about you (your description of yourself and what you're looking for, basic information about your age, approximate location, height, and so on). PLconnect members who are logged in can see all of the information you give on your profile.
- Your email address: We will use your email address/phone number for contacting you. We will never give your email address/phone number to another PLconnect member.
- Your password: We will encrypt your password in our database. We strongly encourage you to choose a secure password that cannot be easily guessed. You should never reveal your PLconnect password to anyone. If you think someone else knows your password, please change it immediately.
- Your payment details: When you request for verification through PLconnect website, you will be redirected to another secure (third-party) site to complete the transaction.
- Your date of birth: We will use your date of birth to work out the age we show on your profile.
- Your customer service history: If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- How will you use this information? We may use your information when developing improvements to PLconnect Service. We may use personally identifiable information to help sort out any issues you might have.
- Emails from PLconnect members: We will send you emails to tell you about your membership status and to let you know about new messages and other activity on the PLconnect service. We will also send you emails with suggestions of people you might like.
- Access to, and updating, your information: You may access and update your information in your Account by signing in to your profile. You must make sure that you update your information as soon as possible with all relevant changes.
- Data security: Unfortunately, sending information over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable measures to make sure we protect the security of your information, including using another organisation to audit our security measures, we cannot guarantee the security of the information sent to and via the PLconnect Service. As such, anything you add to the site is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.