The following terms and conditions apply to the use of the PLconnect website (the "PLconnect Website") provided by JustCare Development Initiative.
- if we alter the existing services we provide;
- if we add new services to the PLconnect Website or
- if we need to for security, regulatory or legal reasons.
By using the PLconnect Website you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
The PLconnect Website is for adult members to communicate with each other online and it is not suitable for individuals under 18 years of age. By using the PLconnect Website, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
If you have an unspent conviction, or are subject to any court order, relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment you must not use the PLconnect Website.
Your information and content
You are solely responsible for:
- any content or information you contribute to the PLconnect Website;
- the information and content you post, transmit, publish or otherwise make available through the PLconnect Website; and
- your interactions with other users of the PLconnect Website.
Your PLconnect Website account is for your personal use only and you must not have more than one profile at any time. You must not authorise others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You are responsible for keeping your username, email and password confidential and acknowledge that we are not responsible for third party access to your account that results from the sharing by you or the theft or misappropriation of your user name and password.
We will take a step further to verify all users to ensure that all members are who and what they said they are (i.e they are positive single).
You must not publish on your profile any personal contact information, including your address, email address, telephone number, and instant messaging contact details. In addition, you must not include your personal contact information or social network details in messages to members, or when responding to messages. We reserve the right to remove contact details from messages you send on the PLconnect Service.
We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the information or content you make available via the PLconnect website. We have the right to remove any such content if we reasonably consider that it may be unlawful, in breach of these terms or if we are reasonably requested to do so by any third party.
Unless you delete your messages, we will store them for 90 days after they are sent.
Your profile (which includes your profile photo) will not be used for promotional purposes in connection with the PLconnect Service unless you give your consent to your profile being used in this way.
Restrictions on information and content
- You will not post, transmit, communicate or otherwise make available information or content via the PLconnect website, that:
- Is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other user of the PLconnect platform. You must immediately cease contacting any member of PLconnect who asks you to stop contacting them;
- Is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive or sexually explicit;
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any member;
- promotes or encourages illegal or unlawful activity or behaviour;
- contains an image of another person and you do not have his or her prior permission to use such image on the PLconnect website;
- contains an image of a person under 18 years of age. Images where children are not fully clothed may be considered inappropriate and may not be approved;
- contains advertising, promotional or commercial messages. You must not contact other members or subscribers for research purposes. You must not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam email;
- is misleading, inaccurate, false or impersonates any other person or entity.
- is intended to solicit another member's personal contact details or solicit communication with or on behalf of a person under 18 years old;.
- You agree to compensate us for any claim or damages (including any legal fees in relation to such claim or damages) made by a third party in respect of any matter in relation to or arising from any breach or suspected breach by you of these terms or the rights of a third party.
- We reserve the right to issue warnings, suspend access to your account or terminate your account if we reasonably consider that you are in breach of these terms.
- We reserve the right to suspend access to your account or terminate your account if you have been reported by any member and upon investigation, guilty of the offence/accusation.
Risks and precautions
We also conduct criminal background checks on members of the PLconnect Website. However, you are also advised to take all appropriate safety precautions in connection with your use of PLconnect Website. There are risks associated with any online or offline interaction with others, including dating. Although we will take all reasonable measures to make sure we verify all members so as to protect the security of your information.
You must treat people you meet on PLconnect website with respect and courtesy at all times.
You should promptly report to us any behaviour you encounter which is in breach of these terms, including any behaviour which may be harmful, threatening, harassing or unlawful. If deemed appropriate, we may suspend or delete a PLconnect website member's profile. We have the right to warn other members.
If you need to report an attack, a missing person or you consider that your safety is at risk, you should contact the police immediately, log in report on www.locate.ng and then advise us by via an email so we can take appropriate action and follow up.
We are not obliged to become involved in any domestic or private disputes between members and does not provide any arbitration or settlement service should a dispute arise between members.
In the event you have any other complaints about PLconnect member, please use the contact form. We take any complaints seriously and will aim to investigate and respond as quickly as possible.
Membership and verification
You may create your profile for free; however, you will not be given access to certain areas of the PLconnect website unless you have been verified by us and verification is done within 7 days at most. You will require a paid verification fee to receive full access to the PLconnect website, including the ability to send messages to other members.
You will be notified via email/text message upon verification of your account.
We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any reason with or without notice to you.
Limitation of liability
We will provide the PLconnect service to you with reasonable skill and care. We do not make any warranties or representations (neither express nor implied) with respect to the PLconnect Service. Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit our liability for our fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence by us, our employees or agents.
We do not warrant that the PLconnct website will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. All content and services on the PLconnect website are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Any decisions or actions taken by you on the basis of the information provided on or via the PLconnect website are at your sole discretion and risk.
Our liability in tort, contract, negligence, pre-contract or other representations or otherwise arising out of or in connection with these terms should be limited in aggregate to: the net payment to us by you in any one month period.
We may in some cases use third parties to assist us in operating the PLconnect website to conduct some processing of your information on our behalf but this is always subject to strict contractual control and in compliance with the best standards in Nigeria.
If any part of these terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
These terms are not intended to give rights to anyone except you and us.
These terms are governed by the Nigerian law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigerian courts.
JustCare Development Initiative is a non-governmental organisation registered in Nigeria with registration number CAC/IT/NO 85328. Registered office: 4 Sijuwola street, Ago Palace way, Lagos.